What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie.
None of the cookies used on our websites collect any personally identifiable data. Our cookies have been categorised based on the UK International Chamber of Commerce (“ICC”) Cookie Guide as follows:
- Category 1: Strictly necessary cookies
- Some of the cookies we use are ‘strictly necessary’ as defined by the ICC. These cookies generally enable web pages to be delivered accurately, and for logged-in users enable the delivery of personalised content. Without these cookies, the websites would not be able to function.
- Category 2: Performance cookies
- Some of the cookies we use are ‘performance’ cookies as defined by the ICC. These enable us to monitor and analyse the overall performance of our websites. They allow us to analyse anonymous aggregated data such as visitor numbers, browser capabilities and screen sizes etc. We also use these kinds of cookies to conduct A/B design testing of various pages to improve their effectiveness. Use of our websites indicates your consent for us to use these cookies.
- Category 3: Functionality cookies
- These kinds of cookie remember the choices you make in order to improve your experience of our sites. They do not collect any personally identifiable data. Use of our websites indicates your consent for us to use these cookies.
- Category 4: Targeting/Advertising cookies
- We use a targeting cookie that enables our advertising agent, Google, to display our advertisements on other websites that you visit. Use of our websites indicates your consent for us to use this cookie.
How do I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?
If you wish to block or opt-out of cookies please consult the preferences or options section of your chosen browser, most of which allow you to do this on a website by website basis. If you need further information on deleting or disabling cookies you should visit the All About Cookies website.