How Odeon’s small in-house team is coping with the scale and complexity of their payroll
Founded back in 1930, ODEON is the largest and best-known cinema chain in the UK and Ireland. Famous the world over, their flagship theatre in Leicester Square – ODEON Luxe – has hosted over 700 of Europe’s biggest film premieres since the 1930s. Today they are owned by AMC Entertainment, the largest movie exhibition company in the world, who have a passion for film and delivering a complete cinematic experience to their customers, as well as a rewarding working environment for their employees.
We work very closely with SD Worx; they are SOX compliant themselves, which was extremely useful for us and a good start to the process.
- The small in-house team struggles to cope with the scale and complexity of payroll and is constantly tied up in administrative problems.
- The current platform is cumbersome and unfriendly, making it unnecessarily complex for the team to manage the constantly changing numbers of seasonal staff.
- Group policy trickles down so global standards put additional pressure on the team to go above and beyond what’s required to enhance security and compliance.
- Outsourcing payroll to the experts takes the administrative burden off the team and allows them to focus on tasks that add value to the wider business.
- Using a solution that easily scales up and down enables the business to add or remove employee information with ease and conduct instant calculations of payroll changes.
- Taking advantage of cloud-based software means any legislation changes are automatically updated, while expert advice on interpreting and understand changes is readily on-hand.
Benefits & Impact
- Efficient and timely reporting of useful information through self-service or on request
- Advice and support on vital legislation updates from recognised industry experts
- Access to a bigger forum of knowledge from the SD Worx community
- Best practice support and implementation to ensure optimal performance
- Paperless and self-service functionality for employees to book or buy holidays
- Historical online payslips, whether for the 12 months previous or the last pay period
- Assistance with and guidance on completing the P11D process