Outsourcing helps Asda stay ahead in the fast-moving world of payroll legislation
The British supermarket giant needed a true payroll partner to deliver the best service for 150,000 employees at over 600 locations.
Asda Stores Ltd. weren’t looking for a payroll provider, but instead a payroll partner. An organisation of Asda’s size needs to draw on a wealth of expertise to manage the ever-changing landscape of their workforce, covering topics such as GDPR, gender pay and the national living wage. Adapting with the fast moving world of HR, payroll legislation, new laws and regulations was key for Asda to enable them to deliver the best service for both internal and external stakeholders, including their millions of customers.
Sourcing a payroll partner that is able to confidently deal with the size and complexity of Asda's international and multi-layered payroll operations was another key factor for them; they were looking for a provider that was able to demonstrate global experience through their international footprint.
The SD Worx Solution
A team of highly experienced professionals from SD Worx immersed themselves in the challenges that were important to Asda, and worked closely with them to transition to a fully managed payroll outsourcing service. Together, Asda and SD Worx were able to implement changes through HR and down the line, to ensure staff were being paid accurately and fulfill all other payroll obligations such as high levels of accuracy, keeping up with employee law changes and RTI reporting.
SD Worx understood Asda's multi-layered payroll operations and were able to share expertise and guidance through existing multi-national experience and global reach. As a result of this successful partnership, Asda and SD Worx have established a long standing relationship which continues to extend and grow.
The Benefits & Impacts
- Support and guidance with changing legislation such as GDPR, minimum wage and pay gap.
- Access to SD Worx exclusive customer platform, TrustWorx, which is full of useful resources.
- SD Worx provide high levels of focused customer service.
- Strong partnership formed and a great working relationship.
- Experienced Payroll partner with multi-national footprint and expertise.
- Can rely on SD Worx to support with the ever-changing workforce landscape.
- Collaborative relationship; SD Worx feel like an extension of Asda's team.