Last updated: 23 August 2023
Your privacy is very important for SD Worx. This Online Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use, process and disclose your personal information and how you can access, change or delete your personal information.
1. To which services does this Online Privacy Statement applies?
This Online Privacy Statement applies to all SD Worx websites and portals that give access to our online services and link to this Online Privacy Statement. For the purposes of this notice, “SD Worx” refers to SD Worx People Solutions NV, Brouwersvliet 2, 2000 Antwerp and any other SD Worx company whose websites and portals refer to this Online Privacy Statement.
1.2 Data Controller
The SD Worx company whose website or portal you visit is your data controller, and responsible for the collection, use, sharing, retention and protection of your personal information in accordance with our privacy standards, this Online Privacy Statement, as well as any applicable national laws.
SD Worx has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO). If you have any questions about how SD Worx deals with privacy and data protection, please contact our DPO, whose contact details can be found in the 'Contact' section below.
2. What this Online Privacy Statement is not about?
This Online Privacy Statement does not apply to your personal information that we process on behalf of your employer as part of the SD Worx HR and payroll services. Your employer remains the data controller for these activities, and therefore your employer will provide you with a privacy statement that applies to these activities. SD Worx has concluded a separate Data Processing Agreement with your employer. This agreement guarantees that we will process your personal information securely and in accordance with applicable laws. For questions on the personal information that your employer provides to us as part of the HR and payroll services that we deliver or your privacy rights as an employee, please contact your employer’s HR department.
3. What information do we collect from you?
3.1 Information you provide to us
- Personal information when you use our websites, fill in a contact or download form, register for a newsletter, enroll for an event, training or webinar or when you otherwise correspond with us.
- Identification information such as your name and username;
- Contact information that allows us to communicate with you such as email address, phone number;
- Information that we use to secure access to our online services such as your password or other authentication credentials;
- Other content that you generate or provide us with connected to your account (such as a picture on your user profile page, communication preferences or support requests).
3.2 Information we automatically collect
- Behavioral information
If you provide us your personal information, we may track your interactions with SD Worx websites, landings pages & emails. Our technology respects the Do Not Track feature in browsers, so if you don’t want to be tracked you can enable this feature in your browser.
- Device information
We collect information about the device you are using when visiting our websites, portals and applications. This includes information like the type of device, operating system, version, … This information helps us to provide the best support in case of problems and support the most commonly used browsers and operating systems.
- Security information
We will log user activity to timely detect unauthorized or malicious behavior such as user logon and logoff events, password resets or changes in access rights.
4. How do we use this information?
We use your personal information for different purposes and according to different legal bases of processing including to fulfil the contract with your employer and provide you with our services, to comply with our legal obligations, to pursue our legitimate interests or based on your consent.
4.1 For the specific purpose you provided them to us
When you fill in a form to download a whitepaper, we use the information to send you an email to download the white paper or if you fill in a contact form, we use the information to provide you the answer on your question.
4.2 To inform customers about other relevant solutions, events or surveys of SD Worx
If you are/become a customer we might use your information to send you information about other interesting related solutions, event invitations or surveys to improve our service.
You can choose to withdraw from all our marketing communication at any time or you can change your preferences via the emails we send you.
4.3 To personalize your experience on our websites, portals and applications
We use your personal information to personalize our websites, portals and applications based on your usage and preferences to make sure you get a good experience.
4.4 To improve our websites, portals and applications
We collect aggregated analytics data of our websites, portals and applications to continuously optimize our digital platforms. We make sure that all data we collect for this purpose is anonymized.
4.5 To carry out analysis and market research
We also use aggregated data to carry out analyses like trend analysis, market research and predictive analytics.
4.6 To give access to our secured portals and applications and keep our online services secure and operational
We use your personal information like email address and password to give you access to the portals and applications you are entitled to. We take the necessary measures to make sure that this type of information is protected properly and to prevent that unauthorized persons get access to your profile (e.g. via two-factor authentication). Furthermore, we use the information in our security logs to monitor the security of our online services and to timely detect any unauthorized or malicious activity.
5. How to access, control & delete your personal data?
We respect your right to access and correct your personal information and to request deletion or request restriction of our usage of your personal information as required by applicable law:
- You have the right to know what personal information we process
- You can request us to update your information if your personal information is incomplete or incorrect
- You can request to delete or restrict the use of your personal information
- You can object to the processing of your personal information
- If you have a user account, you are able to access and change some contact and preference information yourself via our preference center or portals.
- To access, control or delete other types of information, you can contact SD Worx following the instructions in the Contact section below.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your information only as long as it relevant for our commercial and operational activities or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf.
The following criteria can influence the effective retention periods:
How long is the personal information needed to provide our online services? This includes maintaining and improving the performance of our products, keeping our systems secure, and maintaining appropriate business records.
Are we obliged for legal, contractual, or similar reasons to retain your personal information? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or personal information retained for the purposes of litigation.
Have you provided consent for a longer retention period? If so, we will retain data in accordance with your consent.
When we no longer need to retain your personal information, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can't identify you.
7. With whom do we share your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to other members of the SD Worx group and to third parties.
We only share data with third party organizations that we engage to process information on our behalf (data processors) based on our instructions and in compliance with the applicable legislation and this Online Privacy Statement. In disclosing personal information, we will attempt to minimize the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose.
We will never sell or share your data with third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your consent.
We may share information if we believe that this is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request:
- to law enforcement, governmental agencies or authorized third parties in response to a verified request or legal process relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that exposes us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability.
- to third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal basis, or we otherwise believe in good faith that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
8. How do we protect your information?
We are committed to keeping your data safe and have employed a team of security specialists that monitor the security measures we take. We have an information security program and continuously implement and update administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. This includes safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, physical security and information access controls.
Please beware that you also should take steps to protect your personal information online. Choose a strong password and do not use the same password as you use on other sites. Do not share your password with anyone. SD Worx will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail.
Where available, do not rely only on your password and use the strong authentication mechanisms that we have put at your disposal. Also remember to sign out of the website and close your browser window when you have finished your work.
9. Changes to this Online Privacy Statement
SD Worx reserves the right to update this Online Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make changes, we will post the revised Online Privacy Statement on our websites and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this statement.
10. Escalate to the supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority when you believe that we haven't complied with data protection laws. For SD Worx People Solutions NV, you can direct yourself to the Belgian Data Protection Authority, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, +32 (0)2 274 48 00 firstname.lastname@example.org - www.privacycommission.be
If you have any questions or complaints about this Online Privacy Statement or this topic, you can contact our Data Protection Officer via
SD Worx People Solutions NV
T.a.v.: Data Protection Officer
If you are a customer and you have privacy related questions, you can contact your contact person at SD Worx.