Empowering Nobia's People & Culture Support teams with a cloud-based HR & Payroll solution
Nobia, Europe’s leading kitchen specialist, needed to digitally transform its legacy payroll and in-house HR systems. Partnering with SD Worx, they developed a streamlined HR shared services centre, relying on cloud payroll technology and an integrated people management system to drive efficiency and add value.
Serving 60,000 customers and delivering over 10,000 kitchens a week, Nobia is a European kitchen manufacturer and retailer, home to four industry-leading brands—including Magnet—and a huge number of employees spread across different locations.
It’s hard to imagine just how many processes and how much data a business like Nobia has to handle when it comes to HR and payroll. To make the situation even more complicated, Nobia’s HR and payroll people were working in silos, with little communication between various parts of the business. That meant there were differences in processes and ways of working—a recipe for inefficiency.
Nobia was operating a legacy in-house payroll and HR system that forced the team to use multiple systems and spreadsheets, causing wasted time and double keying. Not to mention, filling up spreadsheets for hours on end is ripe for human error.
Europe’s leading kitchen supplier needed:
- A well-managed and accurate way to store and use large amounts of HR data
- A shared service function, streamlining the team so they consistently provide the same service in the same way to the same high standard
- A company that could be a real partner, advising on the best ways to work with HR data and systems
The SD Worx solution
Tasked with creating a streamlined HR shared service centre, SD Worx specialists collaborated with Nobia to implement new cloud payroll technology and an integrated HR system that made a dramatic difference, by:
- Making it easy and simple for Nobia employees to send and receive payslips online via cloud payroll technology
- Implementing SD Worx integrated HR software in combination with the payroll software as one bespoke package with a single interface.
- Facilitating reliable HR data management and HR and Payroll data analytics, giving Nobia a competitive edge.
- Transforming Nobia’s internal communication and stakeholder management via an efficient, scalable workflow that encourages collaboration.
Key business benefits
By achieving a close relationship based on trust, the partnership between Nobia and SD Worx was able to deliver exactly what the kitchen manufacturer needed. One of the core benefits was arming Nobia’s in-house payroll team with the technology to be efficient, the freedom to self-serve and the insights to make data-driven strategic decisions.
SD Worx’s cloud-based payroll and HR solution empowers Nobia’s team to excel in their roles in a fast-paced and dynamic space. The result? Engaged colleagues with raised morale, released from the stress of an inefficient system and the repetitiveness of manual entry, and enjoying the peace of mind that automation brings. Ultimately, SD Worx’s advanced all-in-one solution enabled the team at Nobia to focus on more strategic HR goals, such as employee wellbeing and recruitment.