Are you ready for the new tax year? Simon Parsons shares what payroll professionals need to know – 11am Friday 3rd March 2023
Every April 6th when the new tax year rolls around, payroll professionals must consider whether the legislative changes announced will affect their business—and what they should do to respond. That’s not always an easy task, but SD Worx is here to help, because we believe in Customer Intimacy. Crafting intimate, long-lasting relationships with our customers relies on hearing what they need and helping them cut through the complexity of legislation.
On Friday 3rd March at 11am we are hosting a webinar with Simon Parsons, Director of UK Compliance Strategies at SD Worx A pillar of the UK payroll community, Simon is a member of several government consultation groups and panels addressing payroll policy. So, there’s no one better to explain how the new tax year could affect payroll professionals.
During the session, Simon touched on a variety of topics, including:
- Income tax bandwidths and rates: what’s changing in Scotland vs. the rest of the UK and Northern Ireland?
- National Insurance contributions now settling back to a future normally
- Changes to National Minimum Wage: find out how these affect Statutory Maternity Pay calculations and salary sacrifice arrangements
- Changes to Statutory Parental Leave and Statutory Sick Pay
- The threshold for student loan repayment have changes?
- And much more
And how can the SD Worx Payroll HR and Legal Service assist employers in fulfilling their duties